Sunday 30 August 2009

Heroes help Heroes!



If I am being honest, I wasn't too sure this week I would actually make my deadline.

The C90 had failed its MOT, and every time I blinked, another problem would appear.

So what do you do in that situation, when something you have been planning for so long is about to go a**e over t*t?

Well what I did was to log onto a few websites that I had found for enthusiasts of this wonderful machine and ask for help. However, I got far more than I bargained for.

A chap and his son (who happened to be fairly local) came and picked the C90 up from the dealer it was sitting in, and then spent the next five or so days fixing everything that was wrong with it. Including things I didn't know about. Then after that and making sure they got it sailing through its MOT, he drove it back to my house and wished me well on my venture.

All he asked for was the money he had spent on a few minor parts and the cost of the MOT. Nothing else. Nothing. To them it was about getting it right and promoting the journey. Raising the money for the charity. Helping those who need help.

In my job, you can at times end up skeptical of the human race , due to the very nature of the work that we do, and the things that we deal with. So to meet somebody so helpful, genuine and unselfish is a real treat and a breath of fresh air and raised optimism!

Strangers helping a complete stranger so that he can raise money for complete strangers.
The human race has never been richer!

Thanks Newt and AG. Proper Gents through and through.

No comments:

Post a Comment